Magic chocolate mud pudding
- 50g butter
- 200g light muscovado sugar
- 475ml milk
- 90g self-raising flour
- 75ml cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 180C/Gas 4
- Lightly grease a 1.5 litre ovenproof dish, place dish on a baking
- Put butter in a saucepan. Add 115g of the sugar and 150 of the milk.
- Heat gently, stirring occasionally until the butter is melted and
the sugar is dissolved. Remove pan from heat.
- Sift flour and 15ml coca into the mixture. Stir in until even. Pour
mix into the dish and level the surface.
- Sift the remaining sugar and cocoa powder into a bowl, mix well,
then sprinkle over the pudding mixture. Pour the remaining milk
over the pudding.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until the sponge has risen to the top
and is firm to the touch. Serve hot with cream or ice cream.